Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Sunrise...Sunset...

My dear friend Kathy called the other day and asked me to design Julianne's (her daughter) 21st birthday invitations.

Sure!  Jules is like my own daughter... but, isn't she just 15?  No -  She CAN'T be 21!

Wow...

Why does it feel like all my nieces, nephews and friends' kids were all just toddling around my backyard and now THEY'RE having kids that are toddling around the backyard!  I can still see Jules as a little five year-old girl rollerskating down her driveway - a long STEEP driveway.  So daring and unafraid... a real tomboy!  (Now the "tomboy" is a beautiful and chic stylist).

Come to think of it, her mother and I were about that age when we first met in kindergarten at St. Joe's. Of course Kathy and I haven't changed a bit since Julianne was born!  No, not at all...

Think I'll go grab a glass of wine...

I hope Jules likes her invite:



Spoke with another St. Joe's friend Patty the other day.  We're going to plan our 40th Reunion next year!!


Kathy's on the bottom far left and Patty and I are on the bottom - second and third from the right.  Love all the straight long hair (except for Liz (in the middle) - her mom made her have short hair - she HATED it!).

Patty and I spent the other night laughing for about an hour about St. Joe's.  She remembers running down the hall with Danny (a boy I had a crush on) and another classmate Susan (next to me on the left)... pretending to be the "Mod Squad"! (Google it).  I asked who was Linc?  (Danny and Sue are White.  Actually, look at the photo - we're ALL White and either Irish or Italian!  Not a very diverse group...)

I remember the nun in the photo - our principal.  She loved to grab you by the cheek and pull you down the hallway when you got in trouble.  It never happened to me (I was a good girl!) but I remember Tommy (smiling in the photo above Kathy) always had pink cheeks...

Boy... it feels like yesterday.

Sunrise... Sunset...

No comments:

Post a Comment